Job Title: Technical Estimator - Industrial Construction
Location: Shelton, CT
Provide accurate estimate and comprehensive proposals based on data and documents provided by regional sales managers. Gathers details and compiles data to estimate all production costs according to specifications. Considers materials, labor, equipment, and transportation for estimations. Helps determine schedule and necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates, budgetary constraints and backlog.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Generate accurate cost estimates based on information received from salesmanagers.
- Generate comprehensive technical sales proposals.
- Specification, drawing plan and documentation review, coordinate review among various internal departments and compose appropriate exceptions & clarifications as needed.
- Assemble cost estimates in accordance with procedures; assure accuracy. Suggest cost savings on proposal bids to increase companies competitiveness in the marketplace, consistent with customer needs.
- Act as liaison with companies in order to secure pricing and proposals for standard products and for specials, as required.
- Assist in maintaining procedures for accuracy of all estimating data.
- Order entry and order processing.
- New project file setup.
- Keep sales materials and related documentation up to date.
- Technical sales support for new salesmen.
- Maintain State Code Database.
- Obtain quotes from OEM for non configurable units.
- Participate in external and internal kickoff meetings.
- Manage projects as required.
- Generates new order package with salesman.
- Other tasks as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical / Construction related or technical discipline. Other disciplines considered for candidates with strong technical aptitude.
- 3-5 years of estimating experience preferred.
- Must be highly detail oriented, organized and able to manage multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with construction project commercial terms & conditions a plus.
- Outgoing, and able to work well with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining accuracy of work and meeting tight deadlines; adjusting hours when required.
- Thoroughly skilled on MS Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), including ability to handle word processing in an efficient manner. AutoCAD is a plus.
- Occasional US travel (as required).
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.