Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead to work for one of our clients in Bristol, CT on a direct hire basis. Our client produces highly engineered fluidic manifolds from precision machined plastics. They have almost 100 CNC machines so a background in CNC machining is important along with the Quality, Lean, Six Sigma and Leadership experience/knowledge.
The Team Lead will oversee shift day to day activities, so as to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly deadlines and provide leadership for the employees within the shift and department. The Team Lead supports lean activities as required to maximize profitable growth, provides premier customer service, develops a technically qualified workforce, and reduces operating cost and inventories through incremental and substantive continuous improvements. This is a hands-on role, with significant presence on the floor.
- Supports the implementation and development of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and utilizes Lean manufacturing tools to eliminate manufacturing waste; works closely with management on Lean process projects using lean tools (i.e. Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Setup Reduction) and metrics.
- Directly leads the departmental cells and works cooperatively with other functional managers, supervisors and leaders to optimize the value streams.
- Manages job priorities, based upon direction from planning and value stream leadership.
- Ensures individual accountability for meeting product quality standards and production schedule commitments.
- Leads and coordinates work activities to insure production flow and quality control standards for assigned manufacturing departments.
- Supports application of company policies, including performance evaluations, attendance, safety, grievances and routine working rules and regulations.
- Assist in determining and eliminate causes of waste; works with support departments to minimize rejects and maintain optimum production flow.
- Requisitions equipment maintenance or repair of tools to maximize production efficiency and minimize down time and schedules major repairs with manufacturing services.
- Participates in production machine lay-out planning, and modifications including considerations with respect to production flow, safety, power, and operating requirements.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all employees.
- Assists employees to resolve problems involving work practices and morale.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment and exposure to CNC machining.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft applications is a plus.
- Clear understanding of work flow through the entire manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative procedures; manufacturing, work schedules, set-ups, methods and procedures and equipment operation.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to properly direct, assist and train personnel.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- College Degree (Associates and/or above).
- Experience utilizing JD Edwards ERP system, a plus.
- Will lift and carry up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Work will move between a manufacturing and office environment.
- 1st shift
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range: $52-58K (depending on experience)
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.