Quality Assurance employee is needed metal stamping company located in North Branford.
Role and Responsibilities
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and complies and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards
- Perform FAI, in-process and MRB Inspections
- Selects products for tests at specific stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance and mechanical, electrical and chemical characteristics
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures
- Evaluates data and written reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Utilize Outlook, Excel, Word Epicor and Internet
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability
- Apply common sense to carry out instructions for written, oral forms. Handle problems in a professional manner. Initiate NCR and experience with Supplier Certifications.
- Strong drawing interpretation (GD & T a plus)
- Competent use of metrology measuring devices.
- Update and maintain inspection records database
- Understanding of AQL sampling plans
- Perform gage R&R, SPC, CPK studies
- Initiate NCR's and provide disposition Monitor MRB inspections
- Maintain quality lab organization
- Work with entire team to ensure quality objectives are being communicated
Qualifications and Education Requirements
4 year college degree preferred. 3-5 years of professional experience. Knowledge of ISO 9001 standard as a minimum; TS 16949 (IATF) standard a plus. CMM operation and programming a plus
Strong computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word. Excellent communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Strong ability to calculate mathematical figures. Strong attention to detail.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.