Reporting to the Vice-President of Engineering, the Manager, Procurement is responsible for the management and execution of procurement activities surrounding all goods, services, equipment and materials required for large purchases for the Operations Group. This includes capital equipment and services, major maintenance and new development of renewable generating stations.
- Strategically partner with organizational stakeholders, including but not limited to operations to source and procure highly technical services and materials for the renewable power industry for Operations;
- Negotiate price terms and conditions with contractors/vendors, including long-term alliance contracts;
- Provide analyses and recommendations to support purchasing and contractual decisions;
- Identify and qualify new sources of supply;
- Work closely with project management and executives to ensure efficient and consistent procurement practices through all stages of the project;
- Stay current with market requirements, resources, pricing and trends;
- Demonstrate a strong alignment with corporate values, including health, safety and environment
- Ability to understand the commercial and technical needs of the Renewable Energy business;
- Effectively and professionally interact with remote business staff and vendor/contractor personnel;
- Ability to source and evaluate bids and proposals including review of procurement documents;
- Positive, proactive approach to enhancing procurement methods and company practices;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in Power, Construction, or related industries;
- Extensive knowledge with established, recognized procurement practices.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.