Monroe Staffing is currently hiring for material handlers in Farmington, CT. Must have forklift experience and applicable warehouse experience. Positons are temp to hire! Please review the job description and reply if interested.
With the use of a fork lift or other material handling devices, manage the material flow from receiving to inventory to WIP and to shipping. Maintain inventory accuracy, organization, levels and neatness.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate a fork lift
- Pull parts for assembly production orders
- Deliver selected parts to work centers
- Responsible for counting all parts that go in and out of stock
- Record stock transactions on the computer system, and receive purchase orders
- Work closely with production planner
- Fill transport carts and deliver to work centers
- Trigger orders with Kanban and transport carts
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Be capable to stand continuously, lift and bend
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds without aid
The individual must be able to follow instructions and procedures, and yet must have the ability to recognize potential problems and prevent or handle them efficiently and effectively. Must have basic PC knowledge. Knowledge of SAP and Kaizen helpful
High school graduate
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.