Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Gas System Controller to work for a company in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Gas System Controller your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Gas System Controller position for a natural gas pipeline is the key communications link between field personnel, corporate staff, customers, and interconnects. Gas Control & Scheduling operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year. This position is safety sensitive and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Using SCADA to monitor gas pressures, flows and quality. Operational Control of our natural gas transmission pipeline, including natural gas receipts, natural gas deliveries at 24-meter stations, and operation of 7 compressor stations to ensure adherence to safety regulations.
- Continuously evaluate system status, ensure safe operation, respond to emergencies / abnormal conditions, dispatch Field and/or emergency personnel as needed, optimize system capacity, respond to customer requests, and maintain accurate data.
- Accountable for emergency response as it pertains to gas control including: immediate & appropriate action, effective investigation, reporting of emergencies and responding well under pressure.
- Shift work includes 8 & 12-hour shifts in a 24hour/7day/6-week rotation.
- Responsible for standby coverage and overtime to meet operational requirements.
- Attention to DOT regulations, especially Control Room Management (49CFR 192.631), for compliance in operation of our pipeline.
- Must complete DOT Operator Qualification Program for Gas System Operations
- Process and assist customers with all intra-day and weekend/holiday nominations. Confirm five daily nomination windows with interconnects and act as back-up for Transportation Services Coordinator.
- Directs customers to adhere to terms and conditions of the Tariff.
- Assists in systems testing and commissioning.
- Highly dependable individual to work 12 hour rotating shifts (days, over-nights, weekends, holidays). Excellent judgment and analytical reasoning skills; negotiation skills.
- Strong background in the use of computer systems and databases. Familiarity with computer control system operations and remote communications technology a definite plus.
- Ability to use numbers as tools in analyzing data and solving problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate detailed information accurately and work in a high functioning team environment.
- Understanding of the scientific/hydraulic/technical aspects of gas transmission.
- Job requires sequential thinking, multivariate problem solving and the ability to think on one's feet in new and first-time situations.
- Flexibility to work shift rotations in restricted control room environment essential. Education and Experience:
AS degree or equivalent in technical discipline or five years natural gas industry experience. Experience in high pressure mechanical system operations, computer control system operation, and customer service in a technical field. Experience in natural gas or power industry preferred. Natural gas nomination and scheduling experience a plus. Understanding of valve operations, turbine and compressor plant operation, pressure, temperature and flow measurement a plus.
Our facility is located in an attractive campus like corporate setting with easy access to the highway, plenty of parking and lots of amenities: on-site fitness facility, walking paths, several cafes' and much more. As a valuable member of our team we offer a professional, friendly work environment where individuals are appreciated for their contributions.
All positions require pre-employment background verification and drug & alcohol screening. Iroquois is committed to being a safe and drug-free workplace. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Iroquois safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Iroquois is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered DOT positions who have held similar positions in the past. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Iroquois to obtain these records, he/she will not be permitted to perform safety -sensitive functions.
Iroquois is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.