Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Tooling Coordinator to work for one of our clients in Manchester, CT on a 3 - 6 month contract basis.
The Tooling Coordinator provides full overview and support for tooling, fixtures, gages, instruments and accessories throughout all phases of the manufacturing cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and coordinate tooling, fixtures, gages, instruments and accessories to meet the needs and expectations of Engineering, Operations and the MPC's.
- Responsible for timing and budget for the design and manufacture of tools, fixtures and gages.
- Coordinate all technical activities, including prioritization, for projects related to tools, fixtures and gages, for the Tool Designers and the Tool Room Supervisor.
- Track cost and lead time, including tooling database updates, with proper phase in Design/Build cycle.
- Insure tool designs include provisions for safety, including hoisting provisions, marking weight on tooling, removing sharp edges and verifying operators are safe during use.
- Provide technical support to Tooling Buyer and assist in suggesting sources during quoting process.
- Be primary interface between engineering, operations, purchasing, suppliers and the tool room supervisor.
- Participate in technical reviews with engineering, operations, tool designers and/or suppliers.
- Maintain accurate inventory of customer, government and company owned tooling.
- Conduct audits as required to support government and customer requirements and company procedures.
- Recommend safety & ergonomic improvements in our material handling devices, manufacturing tools, and workstations to accommodate best practices for shop floor personnel.
- Perform duties/responsibilities related to this position as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
The job may have supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two year technical degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience preferred
- Must have thorough knowledge of tooling design principles and manufacture
- Must have excellent computer aptitude and be proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of all levels in the organization
- Capable of mentoring employees
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- 2D and 3D CAD design experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
- 3 - 6 month contract assignment
- 1st shift
- Pay range up to $40/hour
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.