For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Toolmaker to work permanently for a client in North Branford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Tool & Die Maker your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
We are looking for a Tool & Die Maker with 3 to 5 years of experience and a high school diploma from a vocational technical high school, completion of an apprenticeship program or community college/technical school training program.
- Produce precision quality parts machining a variety of materials to engineering specification (SS304, 316L, aluminum and a variety of plastics, etc.).
- Program and operate a variety of machines such as lathes, milling machines, grinding machine and hand tools.
- Review shop orders and complete as needed.
- Perform own setups.
- Check dimensions of parts & hold tolerance according to print specs.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Ability to check dimensions of the part according to blueprint, by using precision measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, fixtures and gauges.
- Perform repair and preventative maintenance on shop equipment.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Other duties, as may be required from time to time.
- Quick learner to become proficient at editing programs controls using G & M codes (Prototrak, MillPlus IT and CNC432).
- Work independently
- Highly dependable with an excellent attendance record is required
- Comfortable with metric system
- Duration: Permanent Hire.
- Location: North Branford, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
- Shift: 1st
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.