Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Systems Analyst with SCADA experience to work for one of our clients in Shelton, CT.
SUMMARY: For the Systems Analyst, there are primarily two roles that a candidate must be able to fill to be successful in this position.
The first component to this role is to be responsible for the maintenance and development of our client's SCADA system. SCADA is an acronym for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition. In this role, a candidate will need to be able to work with the GUI tool to develop SCADA "screens" for compressor and meter stations, communications links, etc. This person must also be able to write and maintain application code that executes the commands when a user clicks a GUI button. For example, this person must be able to write application code that will control the opening and closing of a valve out in the field. The programming language is proprietary to our client but it is similar to C or Java. In lieu of not having experience in our client's specific version of SCADA, the ability to understand programming concepts as well as be able to read and write code is required. Our client will provide training in the specific programming language. This role must also understand serial communications (i.e.: serial 56kbps modems) and TCP/IP networking. For this reason, a candidate that is strong in Active Directory, networking or Graphical Information Systems (GIS), for example, would not be a good fit for this role. Knowledge of SQL development, for example, writing stored procedures, maybe helpful here, but this role is not a SQL developer or database administration role. The SCADA element of the role is the primary focus which can take up 50-60% of a candidate's time each week.
The second component to this role is to be responsible for supporting and maintaining the in-house engineering team and field technicians working out of the field offices in Connecticut and New York. This part of the job can be described as being similar to, but not exactly the same, as a Help Desk or Systems Analyst role. Part of this role is working with Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs, engineering software maintenance (i.e.: install, upgrade, troubleshoot), project planning and project execution (i.e.: plan the work and then do the work), and will include 3 - 4 trips out to the field sites per year. This part of the job can take up to 25% of the candidate's time each week. The remaining time is left for ad-hoc requests.
Similar experience with developing and maintaining large IT systems, for example, customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), enterprise content management (ECM), or similar experience may be relatable based on a candidate's past experience. The use of SCADA systems is not limited to pipeline companies or the energy sector. SCADA systems can also be used in water/sewage systems, building automation, and manufacturing industries.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in project management for system design, development and support.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for problem resolution.
- Basic knowledge of relational DBMS, SQL, web application development methods and tools.
- Basic gas transportation industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of system analysis and design techniques.
- Knowledge of general technology tools: Windows/Windows Server, Networking, FileMaker, Content Server, Internet tools, Remote access and support tools.
- Knowledge of pipeline Engineering systems, practices and processes: Bass Triton, Compliance Scheduling, Pipeline database systems.
- Knowledge of Field Operations systems: mapping tools, GIS/GPS systems, compliance data collection, Civil Surveying applications and systems, practices and processes; SCADA systems, RSlogix, RSview, hardware interface systems.
- Knowledge of drafting systems, practices and processes: Autodesk AutoCAD 2018, Civil Engineering Software, ESRI ArcView/ArcGIS 10 and Photoshop CC.
- 1st shift
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range: up to $120K depending on experience
- The incumbent in this position is required to be "on call" periodically. Periodic overtime may be required to support critical systems during emergency situations.
- Requires pre-employment background verification and drug and alcohol screening. Our client is committed to being a safe and drug-free workplace. In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), our client is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered DOT positions who have held similar positions in the past. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for our client to obtain these records, he/she will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions. This position is safety sensitive and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.