Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a company in North Haven, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) mechanical design engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to
Researches, analyzes, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to develop new and/or improve core products. Develops and recommends solutions to well-defined engineering requirements, or for components or segments of a complex product or system, to ensure that design objectives are met. Applies engineering principles based on assigned engineering domain (e.g. mechanical; electrical, chemical, etc).
1. Develops detailed product specifications by analyzing performance and customer requirements. Investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency, and contractual requirements.
2. Performs feasibility and trade studies applying standard analytical methods; recommends solutions which are defined and reviewed for implementation.
3. Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Ensures conformance to product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards. May utilize and interpret predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
4. Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports; may assist in writing technical proposals for customers.
5. Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
6. Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
7. Maintains current level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
8. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Assists in mentoring new employees. May represents the company on specific projects or engineering tasks.
· Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in an engineering or science technical discipline.
· Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 2-3 years of related experience.
· Has working knowledge of engineering domain principles and techniques, product functionality, industry practices, regulations, and policies. General knowledge of other related engineering and technical areas.
· Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
· Ability to work with general objectives regarding projects and team goals; applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques that should be applied. Works collaboratively in a team environment.
· Ability to effectively communicate status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Responsive to inquiries from other engineering and business teams.
Location: North Haven, CT.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.