Job Title: Specifications Writer/Specialist (1st shift)
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
To work with the Specification staff, interface with R&D and Supply Chain personnel in a manner as to support Specification Management team to deliver projects and programs.
Position Responsibilities (Expected Work):
The R&D Specification Temp is generally expected to be responsible for the following work activities:
- Works independently to support the SMT team in the execution of projects and other Information System work plans.
- Perform various data entry tasks, and data pulls from R&D Information Systems.
- Actively participate with other team members working in R&D SMT Systems for complex R&D and Supply Chain initiatives involving specification systems.
- Develop reports and spreadsheets to communicate new formulas and specifications.
- Communicate effectively to members of immediate team, other corporate functional groups and Unilever plants & 3PM sites.
- Meeting critical deadlines by maintaining order and structure in a multi-tasked work flow.
- Maintaining active communications with Project Teams and other SMT team members in a manner that supports work flow and deadlines.
- Learning new concepts quickly with minimal instruction and with a "take charge" approach.
- BS in science: Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition degrees preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills and able to work well in a fast paced corporate environment, independently and as part of a team.
- Multi-tasking of responsibilities is key to the success of this position.
- Strong working relationships in a team environment is a must.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet strict project deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically MS Excel).
- Office setting experience.
- Foods experience a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or other manufacturing systems.
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.