- Monroe Staffing is a 49-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 14 offices, in which 6 of them are here in CT and 5 in Mass. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Spec Writer to work for a client in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Spec Writer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Summary:
Local Deploy is the market facing R&D team for the North American retail business with the purpose of supporting technical management of the existing and future portfolio in Unilever's Foods & Refreshments category. Local Deploy translates global and regional products to local market conditions and is accountable for meeting customer and consumer needs such as supporting claims generation, qualifying alternate sourcing of raw materials, artwork review and approval, specification writing, and implementing cost savings initiatives. This role presents an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about food, product development and the consumer goods industry to work on iconic brands such as Hellmann's and Knorr.
Essential duties and key responsibilities include:
R&D technical support to greater cross functional teams (marketing, customer development, planning, production, procurement, quality, regulatory) for innovation, renovation, margin improvement and contingency planning projects as necessary.
* Artwork review and approval for the US retail business. Requires rudimentary understanding of US Food regulations.
* Evaluate proposed alternate formulas, raw materials or suppliers by reviewing for compliance, completing full sensory and analytical analysis, and implementing into specification systems.
* Produce formulas on bench or in core processing lab. Includes setting up formula for small scale process, weighing ingredients, collecting samples.
* Conduct and lead product showings/cuttings with cross functional teams (candidates with dietary restrictions will not be considered).
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret testing, share results and suggest scientifically sound next steps (with appropriate assistance and support).
* Manage and resolves business continuity issues to maintain service to customers. Provide technical expertise to incident and crisis management teams as required. Assess options and provides recommendations to Quality team in context of legal, business, customer & consumer impacts.
* Provide technical support to Consumer Call Center on inquiries, complaints, product changes and launches.
* Consistently represents the R&D Group in a positive professional manner, exemplifying Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as well as Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs). Consistently demonstrates personally safe work habits and promotes like behavior in other personnel and outside contacts.
* Adheres to all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
Ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum of B.S. in Food Science or relevant scientific related field of study.
* 1-2 years of experience in R&D or Quality in a food manufacturing or laboratory environment is preferred. A combination of work experience and education will be considered.
* Possess basic technical knowledge of ingredient functionality, processing, nutrition, and/or legislation in foods.
* Strong digital background in MS Office (Outlook, OneDrive, Excel), SAP (Product Lifecycle Management), and other related specification systems.
* Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills within cross-functional teams and with outside customers.
* Good project management, organizational skills, multi-tasking, and quick learning will enable success in this role.
Work hours Monday to Friday 8-hour day with 30-minute unpaid lunch (between the hours of 8a-5p)
6-month contract assignment
Schedule - Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm
- Pay is $20-31.50hr.
01/28/2019 to 06/28/2019
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.