Aysha Del Valle
about 2 months ago
Aysha Del Valle
JOB SUMMARY :
The Soft Goods Production Supervisor is responsible for directly supervising and leading direct reports, while achieving quality and production objectives.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview and hire new employees
- Performance reviews and reviews for compensation increases
- Approve timecards for all direct reports
- Establish and maintain departmental emergency evacuation plan
- Maintain employee training logs
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required:
- Supervise stitchers, sonic sealers, link–net fabricators, cutters, and sewing machine mechanics.
- Train and instruct new hires on all required procedures
- Manages aspects of the day-to-day operations of the soft goods production department.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity.
- Address any equipment breakdowns or concerns, purchase parts, contact appropriate departments for assistance
- Maintain and order production floor, stock items used for fabrication (ie masking tape containers etc.)
- Research and purchase new equipment (ie new sewing machines)
- Requisition proper parts for production assemblies
- Prepare Zero–Defect Program Report on a monthly basis
- Order and maintain floor stock
- Other duties as required
- Well versed in the U.S. measuring system, especially fractions of an inch.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Leadership skills.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 Years of experience
- Manufacturing and sewing experience.