1st shift Shipping and Receiving Clerk
East Providence, RI
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the receiving and shipping of parts, stock, equipment and materials required for the effective and efficient operations of the dealership. Maintains organization and cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Pack and unpack orders while maintaining departments schedule
- Accurately updated spreadsheets and stock information
- Create shipping & parts labels and handle shipping information
- Keep organized shipping records, including statements of origin, shipping cost, product shipped, and receipt dates.
- Troubleshoots shipping issues and customer issues that pop up regularly: work to solve these administrative or organization problem to increase warehouse and dispatch efficiency.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management, mathematical skills
- Experience building skids and other containers to safely protect product in shipment
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills required
- Proven working experience as a warehouse worker
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to operate a fork lift following safety policies.
- 95% time standing
- 5% sitting
- Heavy lifting; 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
For information please call Monroe Staffing Services at 400 Reservoir Avenue Providence, RI 02907 tel 401-533-0085 or please submit resumes
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.