11 months ago
Temp to Perm
The Setup Mechanic sets up, troubleshoots, and performs preventative maintenance on contact heat and preheat thermoforming machines and support equipment, including, but not limited to case tapes, Big Joe Lifts, and Yushin stackers. The Setup Mechanic may be required to operate machinery when needed.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs tooling and performs set-ups, as well as corrective and preventative maintenance on thermoforming machines and auxiliary equipment, such as grinders, vacuum pumps, motors, gear boxes, and hoists.
- Conducts mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting.
- Performs root cause analysis to identify causes of defects and troubleshoots problems.
- Identifies, retrieves, and replaces machine components from the stockroom; creates and fulfills orders via a cloud-based parts management system.
- Escalates issues to a set up technician (recognizing source and scope of problems and communication).