Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Quality Technician to work for a client in Shelton, CT on a direct hire basis.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform inspection of products to documented specifications per established procedures.
- Create inspection programs where necessary.
- Ensure documentation results, approve/reject items according to established standards.
- Ensure Quality Record accuracy for traceability according to established practices.
- Recommend inspection techniques and gauging methods for evaluating products to documented specifications.
- Perform data collection; interpret and analyze information, provide recommendations for solution and continuous improvement.
- Recommend and develop process, testing and procedural initiatives to support operations and Quality Systems.
- Provide leadership direction and coaching to inspectors or operations' employees for inspecting and/or testing parts, finished goods or re-worked items according to established specification and testing methods; provide training as necessary.
- GD&T reading blue prints.
- Calipers, Micrometers, Vision System Scope.
- Calibrations a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of work experience in quality inspection, manufacturing or technical setting.
- Experience in medical device industry a plus.
- In need of a critical thinker with receiving inspection and calibration experience. Experience with calipers, micrometers, visual/optical comparators, CMM, vision scope needed. Looking for sharp candidates with good communication and personality that are able to work independently.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient use of measuring and testing devices including calipers, micrometers, CMM and optical comparators.
- 1st shift, direct hire with benefits
- Salary range: $50 - 52K
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.