Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager to work for one of our clients in East Granby, CT on a direct hire basis.
- Identify and record present or potential conditions that would have a detrimental effect on product, process, or the quality system and initiating corrective or preventive action procedures address these conditions and verifying the effectiveness of corrective actions. May include controlling or stopping further processing of product until corrective action has been satisfactorily implemented.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the heat treat.
- Accurately and promptly create edit and maintain shop travelers using customer paperwork, specifications.
- Interact with customers as needed to clarify or communicate services, purchase orders or other business needs.
- Monitor and maintain instruments including instrument recall, instrument calibration, monitor and maintain process control testing, temperature uniformity surveys, quench effectiveness, monthly mechanical testing, surface contamination test, carb/de-carb test, IGA and IGO test burnouts and leak ups.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of thermal processing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical operating personnel.
- Maintain specification and Quality System files to ensure they are accurate and up to date and communicate to all levels on the status of the quality management system.
- Main contact for all onsite customer audits and accreditation bodies.
- In depth knowledge of NADCAP Heat Treatment and AS9100.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Metallurgy preferred; high school diploma with 5+ years of heat treat, thermal processing or aerospace experience.
- At least 3 years of thermal processing experience including metallurgy, commercial heat treatment, customer specifications, etc.
- Must be able to read an interpret blueprints.
- Intermediate/advanced experience using computer applications including Microsoft Office and other databases.
- Familiarity with commercial, aircraft, and aerospace specifications such as AMS, ASTM, SAE, and Mil-STD.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift
- Salary range: up to $110K (possibly more for the right candidate)
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.