Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to work for one of our clients in North Haven, CT.
- Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
- Provides input on quality to product development teams.
- Identifies quality performance, trends and corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
- Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions. On quality control activities.
- Participates in failure analysis and corrective action investigations.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Represent the company by interfacing with customers, assisting with internal and external audits. May act as main contact in audit. Develops and coordinates corrective action procedures and plans.
- Communicates and educates Value Stream Team on matters requiring specialized knowledge of quality functions, i.e., Production Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP), and document control.
- Makes quality related customer and vendor visits and contacts as required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, bench-marking state-of-the-art practices, maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in other professional associations.
Advocate and support the Corporate WIN Strategy by managing the quality operations in the assigned Value Stream. Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards for products and processes. Provides statistical information for quality improvement by gathering data on trends and root cause analysis. Responsible to guide technical evaluation, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure plant quality objectives are achieved.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of related experience.
- American Society for Quality certification desired.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders and top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback and self-development activities.
- Six Sigma and Lean tools experience is desired.
- Experience in maintaining and improving QS9000/ISO900 and TSI6949 Systems is desired.
- Direct hire with benefits
- Must be able to pass hair follicle drug testing
- Salary range: up to $80K
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.