Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a New Product Development Engineer to work for one of our clients in Milford, CT on a direct hire basis.
Design and implement new product development, product improvement, cost reduction, and product issue resolution efforts for Food Packaging containers. Will maintain ownership of the design and development of the products from initial drawings, through documentation, iteration development, testing, customer acceptance and commercialization.
REQUIRED FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the Core Team Member of Product Development Process (PDP) projects, leading all requirements around Product Design.
- Work closely with Process Engineering and Tooling Engineering to develop the product that meets Design Input Requirements.
- Create 2d and 3d drawings using SolidWorks for products, and occasionally for prototype tooling.
- Generate new and creative ideas for future product designs.
- Conduct design reviews with stake holders to ensure product design meets DFM, DFT & DFA requirements.
- Participate in FMEAs.
- Support product Item qualifications and commercialization at production facilities.
- Provide creative attributes and produce product renderings.
- Ensure all CTQs are defined and delivered by the RD&E team.
- Coordinate new RP (rapid prototyping) and hard tooling prototype projects through the Mold Shop to meet target timelines.
- Follow common Engineering standards and procedures.
DESIRED FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate, initiate and complete new product, product improvement and cost reduction ideas based on Market needs.
- Initiate and complete Engineering Change Requests and Product Change Proposal.
- Work with Design Quality to create test plans, and support analysis of data thereafter.
- Create presentations with high graphical appeal to convey key product features to present to customers.
- Use Operational Excellence tools (DOE, Gage RR, Hypothesis Testing, FMEAs, etc.) to increase Product development speed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Skilled in 3D solid modeling software; Solidworks, Pro-Engineer, Creo or an equivalent software experience is required.
- Knowledge of FEA, interference and collision detection.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping is a plus.
- Logical analytic problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Specific knowledge of product design for thermoforming is preferred.
- New Product Development experience.
- Stage Gate Process experience.
- Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment involving plastic processes.
- Education and/or Experience - Industrial Design degree, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent engineering/science degree is required. Fluency in dimensioning Product Design drawings. SolidWorks experience is a requirement. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred.
- Language Skills - English speaking. The ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports. The ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to comprehend and apply principles of statistical theory.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and comprehend abstract and concrete variables.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift
- Salary range: up to $90K (depending on experience)
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.