For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a client located in Chester, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manufacturing Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Create & Maintain Process Routers & BOM's within the ERP system to meet Quality, Cost, and all Customer Specifications & Requirements
- Create & Maintain Process Models and Drawings managing process tolerances to achieve Customer Blueprint tolerances.
- Provide accurate Quotations to Sales for potential new products.
- Design effective Tooling and Work Holding. Order fixture raw material and release fixture jobs to the Toolroom.
- Create work instructions for Special Process & Outside Service operations to meet Customer Blueprint Requirements.
- Point of Contact for assigned NPI part in-load. Responsible for updating project schedule & following up with cross functional NPI team to meet customer schedules.
- Transfer parts & process from CT facility to India facility. Manage transfer through joint calls & other project management tasks as assigned.
- Follow "Job Confirmation Process" to validate Job BOMs prior to shop floor release.
- Support shop floor issues through "Kiosk Light" process. Provide Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA). Follow up to schedule and complete tasks as necessary.
- Support Cost Reduction initiatives to meet company objectives.
- Act as a Technical Resource to customer or suppliers as needed.
- Support Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Execute a 'Zero Defects' & 'Right First time' culture throughout the company.
- Adhere to company EH & S policies.
- To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility
- High School Degree
- 4 year Degree in Engineering or other Technical field
- 5 Years' experience in lieu of Degree
- 5+ years in Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of GD&T, Blueprint Reading, and Spec Interpretation.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Materials and modern cutting techniques, processes, and specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of AS9100, NADCAP and other Quality System requirements.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experienced in ERP system (Infor Syteline Preferred)
- Experienced 3d CAD user (SolidWorks Preferred
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Chester, CT.
- Salary: 80-120K
- Benefits: offers its employees plentiful benefits to promote a healthy work life balance! Our benefits include two medical plan options and they both include vision, two dental plan options, 401K contribution and match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Shift Differentials, Tuition Reimbursement.
- Shift: there are 1st & 2nd shift openings. 2nd shift pays 15% bonus on top of salary.
- Double time: is paid for anyone over 45 hours on top of the salary. Engineers are making an extra 1K a week with Double time.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.