Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician to work for a client in Livingston, NJ on a temp to hire basis.
- Receipt, logging and tracking of patient samples for both carrier screening and molecular lab single gene samples.
- Prepare samples for testing by extracting and purifying sample DNA.
- Run tests on prepared samples in accordance with the physician's requisition which may include aneuploidy screening and/or gene mutation analysis.
- Participate in research projects on alternative molecular approaches to gene testing and gene expression analysis such as Karyomapping.
- Performs additional duties or assignments as directed by management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a technician in a clinical non-academic genetic lab, (research labs may be considered experience depending on the level, scope and type of research conducted).
- Undergraduate degree in Biology, Micro-Biology, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Genetics or related fields.
- Passing of background check which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.
- 1st shift, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
- Temp to hire, salary range $55-60K (depending on experience)
- Once converted to a permanent employee, you will receive insurance coverage, 401(k) and a defined pension plan, paid time off for vacation, personal, sick and holidays, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.