- Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area.
- Maintain quality and quantity with strong sense of accountability and standards.
- Perform mechanical and visual inspection of ceramics, metal parts, final product and raw material using hand tools, reticles, micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, dial indicators, cmm's, vision systems and other standard gauging equipment as required to ensure parts are free of defects as described in procedures, work instructions and methods.
- Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time and use reticle to perform measurements.
- Maintain traceability of final and purchased product at all times by verifying previous operations and other supporting documents such as lab results, MIR cards and C of Cs.
- Working knowledge of basic GD&T symbology, assimilation and measurement methods.
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings, specifications, procedures and inspection sheets as required to complete inspections.
- Verify measuring equipment is calibrated properly and alert Supervisor or Manager if equipment validity is in question.
- Alert Supervisor if product reflects abnormal defects or significant quality issues.
- Perform Syteline functions required of Inspectors.
- Identify test status, non-conforming material and accepted material by using department procedures and work instructions.
- Complete paperwork such as data sheets, lab requests and NCMRs, which may be electronic or hard copy
- Complete required read and record data sheets, first article inspections or other documented inspections, as required.
- Able to interpret sample size from a standard AQL table
- Familiar with computers and basic Microsoft Applications.
- May perform other inspection and/or production functions as required.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan New Bedford, MA EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for reporting hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.