The Enterprise Portfolio Manager is responsible for the development and application of a systematic management framework for defining and delivering a portfolio of programs, projects and ongoing services, in support of business strategies and objectives. This individual will implement a strategic investment appraisal and decision making process based on a clear understanding of cost, risk, inter-dependencies, value to be delivered, and impact on existing business activities. The role will also continually prioritize changes, implement and enable measurement and objective evaluation of benefits realize through these changes.
- Establishes a process and criteria to select and prioritize the programs/projects in line with the organization's strategy.
- Authorizes the structure of portfolios and is responsible for alignment with business strategy, objectives and with emerging IT and digital opportunities.
- Defines business case and benefits realization forms to be utilized in initiative submissions.
- Facilitates decision making to approve, prioritize, reprioritize and cancel projects through applicable portfolio committee.
Governance Settings and Risk Management
- Leads the definition, implementation and review of the organization's portfolio management framework.
- Defines the approach/policy and sets standards for the support provided for managing and monitoring portfolios, programs, and projects. This can also include the governance/management of resources, directing and leading the implementation and on-going operation of an effective service organization, ensuring delivery of effective services/resources in line with current and planned demand and reviewing the effective provision.
- Establishes portfolio governance and thresholds for decision making based on IT spend, business value and benefits, risks, product functionality and technology mix.
- Plans, monitors and reports on activities related to the portfolio to ensure that each part of the portfolio contributes to the overall achievement of the portfolio.
- Leads the on-going monitoring and review of portfolios for impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realized.
- Maintains oversight of portfolio KPIs and escalates any issues identified to the CIO. Notifies projects/programs/change initiatives of issues and recommends and monitors corrective action.
- Manages initiative decisions across portfolios and any escalations needed above an individual portfolio.
- Liaises with Enterprise Architects, Information Management leaders and Solution Delivery teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong financial modeling, reporting, and quantitative skills.
- Sound understanding of business concepts for investment decision-making and working knowledge of portfolio performance measurement and resource optimization.
- Team oriented with the ability to successfully negotiate and mediate conflicts/issues.
- Familiarity with project lifecycle, background in large enterprise-level project management and high level of expertise in business process re-engineering.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.