Lincoln, Rhode Island
US$15.00 - US$16.00 per hour
6 months ago
The Industrial Inspector must be able to communicate and synergize with team members from various aspects of the organization and adapt to new technologies quickly.
Performs inspection of items in the precision etching industrial department.
* Prepares production paper work for industrial manufacturing as needed.
* Performs touch-up of exposed sheets as needed.
* Inspects photo tools for required dimensions.
* Inspects etched sheets and/or drop-out pieces after etching and stripping procedures and completed, including visual and critical dimension inspection.
* Performs AQL Inspection, sorts product, prepares product for re-work per department standard operation procedures.
* Completes necessary pre-shipment paper work, including certifications, and prepares completed product for transfer to shipping department.
* Continuing education toward quality inspector certification or demonstrated experience.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and is compliant to ISO principles and specific sections of ISO 9001 which apply to this job function.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience: Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plans and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
o The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
o The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.