$17.73 3rd shift
4 months ago
Temp to Perm
The Furnace Operator reports directly to the Production Supervisor. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries. We are the industry leader in development and manufacturer of ceramic to metal seals for both Aerospace and Medical markets. We help improve the quality of life with our implantable medical components, and we ensure the safety of travelers by developing multiple components for the Aerospace industry.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Control operation of furnaces to maintain temperature and vacuum according to specifications.
- Observes temperature, pressure gauges, and cooling flow gauges to verify operating conditions of unit and records data.
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Examines furnaces for signs of overheating, leakage, and other malfunctions and report irregularities to supervisor.
- Loads furnaces, assuring proper placement of parts.
- Carry out regular & preventative maintenance procedures.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondences.
- Assembles parts as required, assembly related duties as necessary.
- Maintains and operates multiple furnaces in tandem.
- Modify existing programs per engineering recommendations as required.
- Cleanroom dress and protocol mandatory.
- Visually inspects parts for quality braze results.
- Places parts on appropriate carriers for transport to next operation.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan New Bedford, MA EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for reporting hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3-5+ years’ experience preferred.
- This position requires use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Individual must be a:
- Citizen of the United States, or
- Permanent resident alien of the United States, or
- Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) as defined by 22CFR120.15
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, and percentage to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to talk or hear
- Required to pass eye tests
- Required to stand, walk, and sit
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.