8 months ago
Temp to Perm
Under general supervision, Forklift Operator, Warehouse Worker will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of products utilizing equipment including, but not limited to, sit down and stand up forklifts, pallet jacks, and radio frequency equipment.
- Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
- Efficiently stack and safely store the product in the designated area.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of product to be shipped.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
- Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
- As directed by management, perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include, but not limited to, sit down and stand up forklifts, pallet jacks, pallet inverter, and pallet squeezer.
- Promptly Report all safety malfunctions on equipment.
- Comply with OSHA standards.
- Must be able to meet production standards.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Charge and fill forklift batteries as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Technology: Computer, Warehouse management system and related components. Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. At least one-year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires ability to work independently
- May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work as directed and authorized by management
- Requires the ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to corrective directions from a supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them, including but not limited to frequently requiring the ability to drive a fort lift, sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Will be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
- Must tolerate heights up to 30 ft. and be able to access elevated products from inside safety cage.
- May stand to rebuild pallets with products. Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 5 hours, over an 8-hour shift
- Must transfer boxes weighing up to 55 lbs. from ground level to 60 inches in height and up 70 lbs. to 50 inches in height rebuilding pallets.
- Initial Training - Monday thru Friday – 8:30am to 5pm. Occasional overtime hours as needed.
- Various shifts.