For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Estimating Engineer in Chester, CT. This can be a cnc programmer who can quote customers
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Estimating Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
* Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposal and requirement.
* Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, part prints, specifications, and related documents.
* Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, part prints, specification, and related documents.
* Prepare Request for Quotation for raw materials and Outside Processing as necessary.
* Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
* Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
* Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
* Confers with suppliers to support external operations in setup and management.
* Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
* Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
* Receive instructions from customer drawings, contract documents and customer requirements.
* Coordinate tool designs/tooling requirements as required.
* Ensure that manufacturing planning and material meet contractual requirements.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
* Analyzing Information, Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Data Center Experience, Strategic Planning, Attention to Details, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis.
* BSME or equivalent 5 years of work experience within an aerospace component manufacturing environment
* Five plus years in Estimating
* Knowledge of Aerospace components, machining is a plus
* Computer skills (MS Office - Excel, Word)
* Strong customer service, organizational, and verbal skill
* Knowledge of CAD/CAM preferred
* Lean Six Sigma training and experience desired.
* Understanding of Process Flow, PFMEA.
* Good understanding of GD&T and standard technical
Estimating: 5 years (Required)
Aerospace: 5 years (Required)
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Chester, CT.
- Salary: 80-100K
- Benefits: offers its employees plentiful benefits to promote a healthy work life balance! Our benefits include two medical plan options and they both include vision, two dental plan options, 401K contribution and match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Shift Differentials, Tuition Reimbursement.
- Shift: there are 1st & 2nd shift openings. 2nd shift pays 15% shift differential on top of salary.
Double time: is paid for anyone over 45 hours on top of the salary. Engineers are making an extra 1K a week with Double time.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.