Job Title: Electrical Control Engineer - Programmer (direct hire)
Location: Bristol, CT
This position is supporting our Electrical Controls Group with the design of control panels for the Process Heating and Combustion industry with a primary focus on PLC and HMI Programming. This role includes assisting with system design, component selection, Bills of Materials, creating manuals, and writing Factory Acceptance Test Procedures. Panels range from small Gas Booster Control Panels to Multi-door burner management systems. Our controls group uses AutoCAD. Work will be in-house with minimum travel, mostly during the day not overnight.
The work includes:
- Designing industrial control panels, developing PLC code and programming HMI
- Work performed to UL508a complying with NFPA 70. and NFPA 86. Any knowledge of these are a big plus,
- Creating and Checking Bills of Materials.
- Compiling User Manuals. Working with Quality Control regarding Testing Procedures.
- Working tightly with Sales Department. Read customer specifications to ensure designs are compliant.
- Provide field assistance for startup and service work of various equipment and controls
- Knowledge and experienced with PLC and HMI Programming (ETTER utilizes Automation Direct, Allen Bradley, SIEMENS, and GE)
- Knowledge and experienced in the application of VFDs
- Formal Education, BSEE, but will consider the right candidate with ASEE
- Electrical and Mechanical aptitude
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Fundamental knowledge of controls and electrical systems design
- Any knowledge of Flame Safety Burner Controls a real plus.
- Must be a Team player that can also work independently, and able to multi-task, as there will be multiple jobs at different phases being worked on at the same time
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.