For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Technical Support Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to providing front line internal and external customer technical support for all VPS brands & products. This role will troubleshoot product issues and assist in problem resolution whether by remotely diagnosing the status and issues, or by assisting in the return of the product to the Repair Depot for manual product repairs or completing robotic bench repairs.
- Maintain customer technical phone support during regular working hours and after hours as needed
- When required, remotely access customer systems (via Bomgar) to diagnose faults and to provide solutions where possible
- Raise repairs and service request cases in Salesforce and ensure they are tracked until completed, closed, or allocated to another member of the Service and Support team
- Contribute to best practice methods for customer service and system improvements
- Work closely with the Robotic Field Service Engineers and Repair Engineers who provide on-site support and make repairs in-house. Monitor their progress and update customers as needed
- Stay up to date on product knowledge for all product lines
- Liaise when necessary with other departments to resolve any customer issues
- Occasional on-site customer visits when required
- Keeping a line of Communication with UK Technical support and development teams
- Other work assigned by management
- Complete working knowledge of legacy and current Microsoft Windows OS (2000, XP, Win7, Win10)
- Ability to use remote diagnostics tools for computer troubleshooting and configuration (e.g. Bomgar)
- Ability to communicate with customers - both on the telephone and via e-mail
- Knowledge of Windows networks
- Mechanical and electronics technical knowledge
- Knowledge of QNX operating system
- Experience working with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Technical Degree or Certification from a Technical School
Position: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Shelton, CT.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.