Reporting to the Director, Financial Reporting, the Corporate Accounting Manager will take ownership of the financial close process for various corporate and centralized project-related functions.The Corporate Accounting Manager will oversee a team of two senior accountants and ensure timely, complete and accurate reporting;
- Coordinate, manage and oversee the monthly Corporate financial close process working closely with the Group Consolidation and Project Accounting teams.
- Review/monitor general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Prepare or review monthly/quarterly reconciliations.
- Review corporate journal entries as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process; area of focus may include corporate cash, SG&A expenses, payroll, accruals and prepayments, fixed assets and others on a rotational basis.
- Perform analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheet, income statement and cash flow submissions including account reconciliations and provide explanations on identified variances.
- Oversee the intercompany billing mechanism and ensure appropriate expense allocations and reconciliations.
- Support the Group consolidation in the review or preparation of support for all financial information and metrics disclosed in SEC filings and assist with the preparation of certain footnotes of TerraForm's Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, updating documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist in the annual audit and quarterly review processes with the external auditors.
- Implement industry-standard best practices across new and existing processes with a focus on optimization and the reduction of manual processes.
- Effective project management skills. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- 6-9 years of relevant accounting, including supervisory experience; SEC experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required; CPA preferred.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar general ledger system.
- Strong technical skills including general ledger accounting and close; knowledge of U.S. GAAP and understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience in the energy, utility, commercial or residential business sectors is preferred.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.