almost 2 years ago
Compliance and Safety Coordinator
The Compliance and Safety Coordinator (CSC) directly oversees the onboarding process of all new contractors to ensure that all contractors have met the Company's obligations under local, State and Federal laws and the Company's safety and quality standards prior to commencing an assignment with one of our Customers.. You will work closely with the recruitment team to ensure all onboarding and safety requirements are met and you will provide support, expertise and guidance to both contractors and the recruitment team using your strong administrative, organizational, and time management skills.
Monroe Staffing Services works to provide a safe working environment for all contractors while they are on assignment. The CSC plays a critical role in ensuring all contractors are trained to the Company's standard through co-ordinating and hosting a combination of online and in office training orientations.
CSCs should be able to work both independently and as a part of team to drive compliance in their branch.
- Ensures all new applicants and/or newly assigned contractors have met the Company's onboarding and pre-employment standards prior to beginning a new assignment
- Conducts the necessary background checks in-line with client contractual requirements
- Guarantees the responsible handling of contractor's personal data
- Provides contingency support when needed in scanning paperwork, safety documentation, test results and background checks to the ATS.
- Escalates risks, red flags, and non-compliance to the Compliance Director for relevant action.
- Provides support to the Compliance Director on client & regulatory body audits.
- Supports the Compliance and Safety Director on the continuous improvement of the employee onboarding package including new processes and customer specifics.
- Maintains daily, weekly, monthly, and annual trackers to monitor new employee onboarding status, expiring paperwork, safety trainings, and compliance status to be shared with Compliance Director and/or Safety Director.
- Conducts safety orientations for all new hires and re-trainings with re-assigned contractors on applicable safety standards (in-office or onsite at client locations where required).
- Reviews completed safety questionnaires and ensures relevant follow up to embed understanding.
- Escalates any safety concerns to the Director of Risk Management.
- In co-ordination with the Director of Risk Management, supervises the day-to-day activities for injured contractors assigned to Light Duty in the office.
- Supports the field and the Director of Risk Management with accident investigations, which may include gathering documentation required for investigation purposes and regularly liaison with injured contractors.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree in office administration or related field preferred
- At least three years of administrative and clerical experience required
- Advanced PC skills in programs such as MS Word, Access, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Ample paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Strong benefits package available with health, dental, and vision plans as well as a 401K plan with generous matching program
- Paid OSHA-10 Certification as well as other learning and development opportunities
Staffing 360 Solutions and its offerings are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.