Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a CNC VTL Machinist with aerospace industry experience to work 2nd shift for a client in Windsor, CT.
- Perform complex set ups, edits and operate established and NPI jobs with ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gauge, height gauge and verniers.
- Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets.
- Familiar with Lean practices, 6S and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
- Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
- Work flexible hours and overtime to meet customer deadlines and commitments.
- Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
- Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. as required.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
- In addition to lathe machining duties, cross training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- 3+ years of experience as CNC VTL Machinist; aerospace experience preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Good problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 2nd shift openings, Monday - Friday, 4:30pm - 1am
- 6 month contract to hire but may hire direct for the right individual/experience
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.