US$30.00 - US$35.00 per hour
6 months ago
Monroe Staffing have an immediate opening for a CNC Programmer to support manufacturing company in Durham, CT
Plan and develop CNC programs for vertical milling machines and lathes. Job requires the programming of CNC machines using advanced cutting tools and technology. Design fixtures for manufacturing of the products. Programming using Mastercam to manufacture parts from customer supplied models. Must be knowledgeable in standard machining principles for milling and turning and be able to work with the shop floor operators to address manufacturing issues. Must be able to work in a team environment in engineering and the machine shop.
- Use Mastercam to generate CNC machining programs from customer supplied drawings and 3D models
- Verify the drawings and models will meet the customer requirements
- Develop accurate quotes for machined parts
- Create setup sheets for cutting tools required
- Make & update routings defining the manufacturing process for parts
- Design and program fixtures for the manufacture of parts
- Develop and implement new methods of programming/manufacturing to improve quality and reduce cost
- Support and work with manufacturing supervisors and quality to resolve technical issues
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
AS degree in Engineering with two years of experience in full time programming of CNC machines or at least four years of multi-axis Mastercam programming experience.
Knowledge of standard machining practices, blueprint reading, and proficient in use of Mastercam
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to clearly present ideas and reports in written and verbal format
- Must be familiar to read a micrometer, caliper, and other machine shop measuring tools
- Must be able to work well with subordinates, peers and superiors in all departments of the company
- Must be able to work well with external contacts
- Must have good time management, organization, and planning skills
Qualified candidates please forward resume for review along with your availability for an interview.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.