Monroe Staffing is a 49-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 14 offices, in which 6 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking an Associate Scientist in Trumbull, CT. to work a 2-month contract.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Associate Scientist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited
Providing technical and chemical support for raw material and finished product analysis and characterization through the design and utilization of chromatographic methods. They will have knowledge in separation science, particularly liquid and gas chromatography. They will have an awareness of instrument maintenance. The individual must have excellent communication skills, and the interpersonal skills to work within a fast-paced team environment that requires the ability to handle multiple demands. Background in analytical chemistry is required.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
As part of the AMS team, we work with the formulation, processing, packaging, claims and specification teams from cross categories (Skin Care/Skin Cleansing/Hair/Deo) to develop and manufacture new and innovative Beauty and Personal Care products. The individual will provide technical, formulation and processing science insight and support for the technical requests from the business, through the design and utilization of chromatographic methods
This position will require you to:
Run the chromatographic methods to support raw material and finished goods characterization.
Maintain the instrumentation in good working order, ensuring that they are operating correctly.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Develop, modify and/or transfer methods to analyze a broad range of analytes in various sample matrices. Develop and transfer methods to Quality Assurance in support of Manufacturing needs.
Document data in a lab book and the LIMS adhering to the Unilever site quality system, generating LIMS reports where appropriate.
Present measurement findings at team meetings and project/technical reviews to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You're a born leader: The AMS team is a cross functional analytical and physical chemistry team that supports the cross-category business from concept to implementation. This person needs to be driven, motivated and possess strong leadership and communication skills to deliver the work program and lead the problem-solving requests.
You're a dot connector: Building strong relationships with all cross-functional teams is key to success in this role. Finding efficient and innovative ways of reaching the end goal with less resource, money and time requires all team members to function in unison. Communication in this fast-paced environment is key.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: While providing support to cross-functional teams is a lot of work we like to have fun while doing it. We are proud to be a part of creating Unilever products that can benefit the consumer.
You're a change maker: The AMS team are developing new ways of working on test and data management within Unilever. For this role, it is imperative that you think outside the box, identify areas for process improvements to drive speed and agility through leadership and team work. You need to apply an innovative approach to solve critical formulation and production problems that require rapid and informative solutions
What You'll Need to Succeed
* Minimum education is B.S. Degree in Chemistry with at 3 years industrial experience. Will also consider M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry with at least one year of industrial experience in method development, method validation and problem solving using chromatographic techniques
* Analytical skills must include HPLC (preferably with UV, RI, ELSD detection techniques) and GC, sample preparation and clean up techniques (e.g. SPE, SPME, liquid-liquid extraction) and a familiarity of GPC, Ion Chromatography, and Mass Spectrometry. A working knowledge of chromatographic data systems (e.g. ChemStation, Empower) is desired.
* Knowledge of maintenance and calibration functions for analytical equipment is preferred.
* Experience with the analysis of cosmetics or personal care products is preferred.
* Previous experience in GLP and/or GMP environment is a plus.
* Communication skills, electronic, oral, and written, are essential, as well as the ability to work in teams and write technical reports to a technical and nontechnical audience
* Ability to quickly learn analytical instrumentation and data analysis, and recognize significance of unusual test results and initiates appropriate action
* Ability to independently work within a fast-paced team environment and handle multiple demands
Must be proficient in English
Must be able to be on their fee for a significant portion of the day
Microsoft Office skills required (entering data into the laboratory information system)
Work hours Monday to Friday 8a-4p
- Duration: 2 months
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: Depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.