10 months ago
The Assistant Controller plays a critical role in the overall accounting operations of the Company. Partnering closely with the Controller, this individual will be responsible for working to effectively execute accounting operations within all US divisions of the Company.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)Prepare budgetary reports for SVP of Sales
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes including, but not limited to, financial statement preparation and variance commentary.
- Maintain the general ledger and ensure proper reconciliation of accounts.
- Maintain multiple intercompany schedule reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for quarterly and annual audits.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual state and federal tax filings.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
- Review and enhance accounting processes and general ledger capabilities.
- Prepare weekly Cash Flow Analysis schedules and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts.
- Ad hoc projects as requested by Senior Management.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- College Degree required
- 8+ years of general accounting experience
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Process improvement driven
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains
This position requires phone work, computer usage and constant interaction with Recruitment, Sales, Payroll, Finance, Management and other Staff. Must be able to remain sitting or standing for long periods of time. Ability to frequently reach, push, bend, twist and squat when filing and using office equipment. Ability to frequently see, hear and understand instructions. Occasionally moves or transports boxes weighing up to 25lbs with supply deliveries.
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with matching program
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.