$20 - $30 per hour
10 months ago
Temp to Perm
Machinist needed in Shelton, CT
DIRECT HIRE POSITION
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
· Studies blue prints, sketches, drawings, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operation for fabrication, and setup requirements of work pieces and machine tools.
· Sets up and operates machine tool such as lathes, milling machines, and surface grinders to fabricate parts and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining parameters such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, and/or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control data.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Verifies and documents critical dimensions and alignment of thermoform tool and components assemblies per inspection procedures using calipers, micrometers, height gauges and other measuring instruments.
· Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
· Communication: Ability to communicate one-on-one and in groups. Ability to understand instructions and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· Logical reasoning: Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to solve problems.
· Mathematical: Ability to work with mathematical fundamentals of shop math, including geometry and trigonometry.
· Technical: Understanding of how thermoformed (sheet) plastic is formed.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED). Machinist with a minimum of five years of experience in machine shop with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in the setup and operation of all shop machine tools, inspection equipment and methods, and tool repair procedures.
· May be required to stand for long periods of time.
· May involve some repetitive motions.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
· Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold.