Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Wind Asset Manager to work for one of our clients in New York City, NY on a direct hire basis. Pay range: $120 - $135K.
The Wind Asset Manager will monitor assigned utility scale wind projects across the United States and Canada to ensure optimal generation and performance. Overall responsibilities will include project reporting, performance analysis, preventive and corrective maintenance programming, preparation of capital and Operations & Maintenance budgets and collaborating with internal financial teams to support their external and internal analysis and reporting requirements. This position will report to the Vice President, Wind Operations.
- Responsible for project life cycle optimization including energy production, capital re-investment and annual Operations and Maintenance programming.
- Responsible for identifying and formulation of business case(s) to re-power operating assets.
- Responsible for the indentation and initial technical and economic assessment of complementary technologies to increase project value and returns.
- Responsible for leading root cause analysis for asset underperformance and collaborating with company's engineering team to identify, justify and recommend strategies to address.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Wind Operations Manager to support their responsibilities to ensure all work performed on company's wind assets is performed with a high regard for Safety and the Environment consistent with good utility practices.
- Work collaboratively with Financial Planning and Analysis in providing energy production information and supporting variance analysis and operating summaries.
- Develop & manage project budgets, models, contracts and stakeholder & customer relations.
- Demonstrated commitment and participation in developing an accident free work environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment of a Safe Work Management and Environment System.
- Demonstrated understanding of environmental aspects with respect to wind generation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the major components and systems that contribute to top wind generation performance.
- Working knowledge of US and Canadian renewable energy and storage markets.
- Strong analytical skills and preferable experience in budget preparation and management.
- Technical understanding of wind generation and energy storage.
- Familiarity with computerized SCADA/Monitoring systems, interconnection agreements and data management.
- Strong business acumen and commercial and financial mindset.
- Demonstrated strong technical and commercial skills with respect to renewable energy generation, particularly with wind technologies, and associated balance of plant.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the North America Bulk Power System and its associated regulatory environment (e.g. NERC, Regional Transmission Organizations).
- Proven ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to understand financial models and the potential impact of operations on investments.
- Ability to define issues, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and develop sound conclusions.
- Exceptional influence and communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, peers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of assets.
- Degree in engineering or any other technical field; Additional education in finance or accounting preferred.
- Advanced computer skills especially in MS Office especially Excel.
- Proven experience in negotiation.
- Proven experience in Asset Management or operations of renewable portfolios.
- Experience in Storage technologies preferred.
- Preference for Mechanical / Electrical Engineer with 6 - 8 years of experience. An MBA is considered to be an attractive attribute but not essential.
- Direct hire with benefits
- Pay range: $120 - $135K
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.