Job Title: Welding / Assembly Technician
Location: Seymour, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities: Safety oriented, able to work in a team environment. Accountable for assembling, testing and packaging of all Load Cell products, welded and non-welded assemblies with product quality. Welding skills, assembly, in line testing and troubleshooting required. Meet all sales orders and production deliveries on time and 100% tested. Work with field service and or customer installs, where required. Cross- trained in the Totalizer, Enclosure, Indicators, and Floor Scale assemblies. Strategic production planning in order to meet customer demands. Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of individuals for the purpose of driving and achieving company metrics.
* Maintains a safe and clean working environment. Use of safety equipment and use safe work habits
* Maintains inventory supplies; anticipating needed stock.
* Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
* Perform quality audits on products and parts to verify conformance to specifications
* Cross-trained in Totalizer, Enclosure, Indicators, and Floor Scale assembly processes
* Customer site technical support as required
* Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
* Operate welding equipment with practical hands-on problem-solving skills
* Installation of pipe assemblies using Copper and Stainless-Steel tubing, fittings, clamps, and connectors
* Packaging of product to ensure protection from damage
* Lean training required, future Green Belt certified
* Enforces company polies, guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures
* Follow safety procedures for vehicle operation
* Perform related duties as assigned by Production Leader.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
* Previous experience and knowledge in an assembly, wiring/electrical sub assembly, and welding environment with quality controls to maximize the effectiveness of manufacture of goods. Use of calipers and ruler
* Coaching and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
* ERP and MRP software knowledge. Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office-Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Proficient in Blue Print / drawings
* Knowledge of plumbing as they apply to installation, maintenance, and repair
* Lean/5S/ Continuous Improvement knowledge. Metric driven
* Tow motor certified.
* Able to work with complex issues under a fast pace setting, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
* Knowledge of production processes, quality controls, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products.
* Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
* Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
* Welding certificate or equivalent experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, and talk or hear.
* Frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Specific vision requirement includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.