Monroe Staffing Services is currently seeking qualified candidates for exciting Welding opportunities in the Holliston area. The Welding position will be with a stable company anticipating continued growth in the next quarter. As a Welder, your daily duties may consist up to but not limited to
- Performs a wide variety of welding and general sheet metal fabrication jobs, including MIG and TIG welding, gas welding and brazing, resistance spot and projection welding, on a large variety of parts, meeting strict weld quality and close part tolerance requirements.
- Able to work from engineering drawings or specs.
- Performs necessary operator preventive maintenance on welding equipment.
- Capable of setting up welding equipment to appropriate settings to produce quality welds.
- Uses fixtures and measuring equipment to ensure part tolerance.
- Performs other types of sheet metal work as required, possibly including punching, bending & forming, shearing, and other work as needed.
Machine Set-Up and Operations:
- Sets up and operates a variety of production machines and tools including spot welders, scissor welder, projection welder, sander, punch presses, MIG welder, TIG welder, press brakes, and gas welder and others.
- Selects correct tooling and fixtures and adjusts equipment to correct settings.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, checking parts to prints to ensure that parts are manufactured to specifications. Reviews and interprets job aids and shop orders.
- Uses measuring instruments, such as verniers and gauges, to measure material, making necessary adjustments to ensure quality parts.
- Performs basic shop math calculations to correctly set up machine.
- Reads, interprets and completes routine paperwork; records proper information.
- Trains others on machine operation, safety, and department guidelines.
- When problems arise, notifies group leader immediately.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and over 35 lbs. with apparatus assistance.
- Push or pull 300 lbs. with the proper equipment.
- Highly repetitive use of hands.
- Most activity requires standing and movement throughout the work area.
Must be able to perform a wide variety of physical activities to be able to install all types of parts and ready products for shipment
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.