Lincoln, Rhode Island
US$20.00 - US$25.00 per hour
12 months ago
Grade 1 license or certification in waste water is a must and have had experience within that area: specifically industrial.
Not a requirement but is a plus to have skills work in testing plating and/or etching.
The position is 1st shift and for pay, we're looking for around $20-$25 based on experience. This is a position we're looking to fill ASAP.
* Following standard operating procedures, treats incoming waste streams from production processes, including stripping, developing, plating, etching, etc.
* Gathers samples of waste products for analyzation.
* Maintains records of treatment, storage, etc of all waste for cartage.
* Monitors trench system levels and maintains according to standard operating procedures.
* Removes recyclables and trash from maintenance/waste treatment areas to dumpster.
* Participates in employee training programs as necessary for emergency response and hazardous waste compliance.
* Serves as assistant to maintenance.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and is compliant to ISO principals and specific sections of ISO 9001 which apply to this job function.
* Operate a wide variety of chemical processing equipment including but not limited to filter presses, ion exchange columns, membrane filtration units, metering pumps, PH control probes, batch mixers, centrifugal pumps, and air scrubber. Involved in preparing solid chemical compounds. Weigh and measure ingredients, clean, load, operate and unload filtration units and auxiliary equipment. Assist in developing processing procedures, suggesting changes to facilitate operation. Perform routine equipment maintenance and repairs. Move material and containers as required. Operates the atomic absorption machine.
* Reports to the Director of Operations.
* Supports the company-wide LEAN initiative.
* Sets up and maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, and process control.
* Test and analyze process solutions and waste streams to determine strength, purity, chemical content, and other characteristics.
* Document results of tests and analyzes and interprets results for management.
* Monitors waste stream for compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
* Manage, schedule, and maintain all hazardous wastes, and maintain all waste manifests current and old.
* Coordinate, schedule, and train employees in mandatory health and safety, chemical handling, emergency response, right to know, and all federally regulated policies.
* Collect data for environmental reporting.
* Complete, submit, and maintain environmental reports for EPA, NBC, DEM, DOT, OSHA etc.
* Develop new techniques and processes to reduce waste costs.
* Monitor plant for proper compliance, (labeling, chemical storage, safety, etc)
* Ability to maintain and develop relationships with outside vendors.
* Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of problems.
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.