Lighthouse Professional Services is currently seeking a Tooling Engineer to work for one of our clients in Milford, CT on a direct hire basis.
The candidate will be responsible for complete ownership of tool engineering activities relating to new product development, design and some ongoing manufacturing support. Must have thermoforming/injection mold background and be skilled with SolidWorks as 30-40% of time with be spent doing CAD design. Duties also include activities focusing on the company and departmental objectives in respect to increasing revenue, cost reduction and improved quality. Must be flexible and willing to step in to assist with whatever is needed as other duties/functions may be added or assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design thermoform tooling for new product concepts using company tool standards, specifications, and good engineering practices.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously update tool design and fabrication standards to meet company's objectives.
- Manage all aspect of tooling projects to ensure timely delivery of tools that meet company quality standards as well as keeping the tool cost within budget.
- SMED - Tool Design for Manufacturing / Quick Change.
- Ability to identify tool design issues e.g. forming tool, trim assemblies (steel rule knife & matched metal) & product stackers.
- Has ability to identify improvements to standardized work within the tool procurement processes.
- Interact closely with engineering, manufacturing and tool maintenance personnel to identify issues and their appropriate solutions.
- Work with product and tooling engineers to recommend long-term improvements to new products and tool designs.
- Work with internal and external tool manufacturers to drive quality, cost reduction and lead time reduction.
- Has the ability to analyze quality data to make improvements to tool output CTQ specifications.
- Work with Quality to develop QA gauges for new products and existing products as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Skilled in 3D solid modeling software, SolidWorks experience is preferred
- Specific knowledge of product and tool design for this gauge thermoforming is required. Knowledge of injection molding tooling/process is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills with good mechanical aptitude
- Tool making or machine shop experience is preferred
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment involving plastic processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift
- Salary range: $90 - 110K (depending on experience)
Lighthouse Professional Services offers competitive pay and a full benefits package including health insurance, 401K, weekly direct deposit and more! We work with Fortune 500 clients all over the East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.