Monroe Staffing have an immediate opening for a tool and die maker to support manufacturing company in Chicopee, MA
The Tool & Die Maker analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools. The role also fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Works with R&D and Engineering personnel to develop design dies, tooling, fixtures, etc. for new or modified products.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of parts.
- May develop specifications and prints/plans utilizing CAD system, from general descriptions or concepts for a variety of specialty tools or other similar items.
- May coordinate the fabrication of dies by outside contractors and ensure quality of work.
- Will also perform duties of Machine Maintenance Technician. Machine set up, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and repair.
- Follow safety rules and good housekeeping.
This position is a potential direct hire with the company.
Please submit resume for review with your availability for a interview.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.