KM is looking for an intermediate to experienced technical writer. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for producing concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries in a timely and efficient manner. The candidate will work collaboratively with the KM team as well as technical engineers, planners and key business stakeholders to support and contribute to the overall success of KM's initiatives.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Work with the KM team to gain an in-depth understanding of KM's various programs and documentation requirements.
· Produce concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries that meet industry standards and are easily understood by technical teams.
· Create and maintain metadata and related classification information for use in our internal taxonomy tool.
· Create brief, written summaries of large technical documents, interviews, presentations at committee meetings and project meetings.
· Create related user help guides for KM programs and KM's Knowledge Base site.
· Experience in technical writing capacity in the utility, electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering industries.
· Proven experience drafting and editing high quality, technical documents.
· Strong knowledge of MS office products like Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft.
· Knowledge of SharePoint publishing features.
· Knowledge of technical terminology specific to utility industries.
· Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with representatives of various departments.
· Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Writing or equivalent experience
Minimum of 5 years professional technical writing experience related to engineering disciplines (electrical or mechanical engineering, etc.)
Monday through Friday.
8-hour day consisting of 7.5-hour paid workday plus a required 0.5-hour unpaid lunch.
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days.
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
Contingent Worker is required to badge in and out of the Main Lobby turnstiles for all daily entrances and exits.
Contingent Worker must follow site-specific security protocol.
Candidate required to be local to Tri-State area and in W2 status as employee of Service Providers.
Candidate that are foreign nationals or hold visas must be disclosed at the time of submission.
Be mindful that selected candidates must abide by NYPA's Code of Conduct and identify possible potential conflict of interest in a required disclosure form upon onboarding.