Job Title: Technical Customer Service (1st shift)
Location: Shelton, CT
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
- Position will be working closely with internal sales staff, manufacturers sales representatives, distributors, and direct OEM customers to maximize EAO market share.
- Support HMIS (Human Machine Interface Systems)Project Management and Sales Management with the express goal of advancing technical concepts to commercial proposal stage and production of world-class HMIS and HMIC.
- Key Account Management - work closely with VP HMIS Sales, Directors of Sales, Managers, International Business Development (BD) colleagues, and other internal and international colleagues to support key account targets, manage projects, and execute strategies as directed by sales team.
- Work closely with VP HMIS Sales, Directors of Sales and Customer Service to develop OEM target accounts, manage projects and execute strategies.
- Responsible for product technical assistance on current products, and new products design to Sales Department and Customer Service Department.
- Provide technical assistance to customers requiring specific and detailed information that must be requested from our manufacturing facilities in Europe.
- Interpret customer applications and guide customers toward selection of proper EAO products or technology.
- Develop detailed, thorough and convincing customer proposals
- Technical competence with "open thinker" ability to develop mixed technology HMI projects.
- Support may be defined by geographic area or commercial potential
- Understand the concepts of Business Development within Focus Segment accounts.
o Identify and understand product life cycle of target customers' products (i.e., in design, in production or at end of life.)
o Develop a deep understanding of target customers' HMI applications
o Support Strategic Account Plans as requested by EAO Management Team
- Research and understand EAO's competitors, including competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Willing and able to travel to key accounts or production location for training events on a minimal basis (<5%).
- Provide consistent and accurate management reporting.
- Assist with special sales, marketing, or related projects as directed by the VP Sales or EAO Management Team. Maintain data integrity of company CRM system with input supportive of customer development and company
measured metrics, including creating and monitoring Cases, Quotes and Opportunities in CRM system.
- Create or modify Corrective and Preventive Action Reports in response to internal or customer-generated needs.
- Perform or assist in incoming inspection of complex HMIS assemblies; assist with EAO or commercial component selection for HMIS projects; perform or assist with HMIS project documentation; occasional customer interface relating to HMIS projects.
- Must maintain EAO's standards of professionalism and Code of Conduct at all times.
Other duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contribute to Product Development initiatives on a regular and defined basis.
- Work in a project type environment with the ability to quickly change from one project to another when needed
- He/she must be very self-motivated and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong customer service orientation, problem-solving aptitude, and the ability to function in a fast-paced team environment.
Must be able to read, write, understand, speak, and communicate in English.
Equipment/Items used to successfully fulfill duties and responsibilities include the following:
- All necessary computer and related equipment
- All other normal office equipment
- A valid driver's license
- A valid United States passport (or ability to secure)
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of MS Office, Salesforce.com or other CRM software, Oracle Enterprise Management software or comparable software
- Experience in use of digital power supply & multimeter, as well as basic measuring devices (calipers) a plus
- Ability to read drawings & wiring schematics a plus
- Must be very self-motivated
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation, problem-solving aptitude
- Regularly required to interact with co-workers, interdepartmental personnel, customers, distributors, representatives, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner. Must maintain EAO's standards of professionalism and ethics at all times when approaching and/or interacting with all EAO business partners.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.