Lighthouse Professional Services is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer (R&D) to work for a client in Trumbull, CT on a direct hire basis. Medical software regulation experience, addressing cyber security concerns in the medical device software. The person in this role needs to be very independent. HIPAA and GDPR regulations knowledge experience. Mobile Medical Devices (MMD) and Medical Device Data Systems (MDDS) knowledge required.
The Senior Software Engineer will be the primary technical resource on a product development or core engineering team and performs her or his duties with minimal supervision. The position is responsible for providing technical leadership to the development team such as software architecture, coding, debugging, testing, troubleshooting, technical documentation, security, and conformance to all relevant regulations. The right candidate will be expected to provide mechanical design support to existing and in-development products. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides expert technical input relating to software
- Guides development teams and designers with respect to design tradeoffs
- Manages software vendors
- Manages software SOPs and systems
- Creates protocols, runs experiments and writes reports
- Analyzes moderate to high complexity engineering problems, defines problem, recommends and implements solutions.
- Completes product documentation of moderate to high complexity
- May lead projects
- Work contributes to the launch of new products, as well as defining and solving field problems as a lead or supporting member of a team
- Work contributes to the continual improvement of current products
- Work contributes to projects that are critical to the future success of the business
- Interacts with R&D staff and cross-functional partners (Marketing, Manufacturing, RA, QA, labeling, legal, etc.) on a daily basis
- Interacts with customers and vendors
- Will interact with organizational leaders on an infrequent basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ years industry experience, Master's degree in engineering with 8+ years industry experience, PhD with 3+ years industry experience
- Thorough understanding of medical device regulations
- Candidates need to have tenure in positions throughout their work history (candidates with jumpy work history or all contract work will not be considered)
- 1st shift
- Direct hire, salary range $100 - 130K
- Health insurance coverage, 401(k) and a defined pension plan, paid time off for vacation, personal, sick and holidays, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits
- Relocation assistance available
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.