For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Lead Swiss Machinist in Franklin, MA
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Swiss Machine Technical Lead your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Lead team and provide technical assistance to achieve company metrics related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Provide instruction and training to employees for maximum efficiency and throughput. The Technical Leader understands and is capable of performing all tasks required of machine set up, troubleshoot, operation and inspection equipment to required customer specifications. This is a "hands-on" Team leadership position
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Lead and support all Safety and Quality related activities
- Assist the Work Center Supervisor with planning, communicating and assigning work per the daily schedule
- Review jobs in queue to ensure tools, fixtures, material and job traveler are in order and ready to run
- Trouble shoot problems related to set ups, tooling, programs and quality related issues
- Assist in NCR resolution, communicate and follow up with department employees
- Submit Traveler Change Requests as required
- Set up and operate machines as required
- Assist the Work Center Supervisor with feedback regarding due dates and past due items
- Assess employee skills and assist Work Center Supervisor with cross training plans as required
- Ensure all Preventative Maintenance schedules are followed including proper chemistries of cleaning solutions and concentration of coolants, notify Supervisor of machines needing repair
- Communicate with other shift Team Leaders regarding quality, schedules and priorities
- Lead and support Lean activities such as 5S, SMED, Standard work, Quick Kaizen and Kaizen events
- All other duties as required to support the team and organization
- Advanced machining knowledge for the supporting work center
- Proficient in math, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to generate CNC programs when applicable
- Ability to use precision inspection tools
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of machine set-up and trouble shoot experience in a small device manufacturing environment is required. Previous experience in a leadership position is a plus
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: Franklin, MA
- Salary: open
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.