Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Shipping Clerk to work for one of our clients in Shelton, CT on a 6 month contract to hire basis.
- Clerical/paperwork functions such as the accurate preparation of Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing List, Shipping Logs, etc.
- Physical handling aspects of the job: retrieving rolls of finished labels. Transporting them to shipping department, packaging the rolls in boxes and then palletizing the product to the customers' specifications.
- Communicate with the customer service department to understand the shipping schedule.
- Prepare Bills of Lading for each shipment and checks and records all items loaded for shipment.
- Post shipments in accordance with customer orders and calculate the quantities of the labels to be shipped.
- Upon completion of shipment, closed out orders and forwards the documentation to production planning and accounting departments.
- Communicates with Customer Service Department regarding quantities on hand form daily production and from product held in inventory.
- Knowledge of exporting/importing goods internationally.
- An ability to follow written work instructions and good math skills.
- Basic computer skills necessary to prepare the required shipping documentation and to operate the FedEx and UPS shipping programs.
- Physical effort is required in lifting, loading and packaging rolls and boxes. Classified as Heavy (51+ lbs.)
- Valid state Motor Vehicle Operator's Permit for operation of forklift truck.
- Must be dependable and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- 6 month contract to hire assignment
- Pay range $15/hour
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.