- Participates in corporate Total Quality Management programs and initiatives.
- Performs responsibilities to meet requirements of internal and external customers.
- Performs job responsibilities with attention to quality and continuous improvement.
- Bring defective material to attention of supervisor.
- Produce an outstanding product.
- Strive for customer satisfaction.
- Strive for zero defects.
- Checks to ensure that orders are complete. Resolves problems with missing and incomplete shipping instructions.
- Checks for special customer instructions and follows them as necessary.
- Chooses carriers based on designated shipping method and customer instructions.
- Creates bill of lading (BOL) from Lista orders on the computer. Checks the BOL for correct number of
pieces and other shipping info.
- 5. Processes WIP & Shipping transactions for orders in SAP
- Prepares export documents as necessary.
- Contacts carriers and schedules pick up. Resolves problems stemming from carrier/LISTA associations.
- Coordinates files of all orders pending to be shipped in an organized manner.
- Processes ASN's and other special customer requirements.
Internal & External Customer Support
- Provides shipping assistance to other departments.
- Responds to all internal & external customers in an efficient, timely and appropriate manner.
- Provides secretarial and clerical support for the traffic department.
- Advises customers on carriers, rates, transit times and makes appropriates shipping arrangements.
- Assists with calculating freight rates for quotes and with Freight claims filing.
- Resolves customer problems regarding shipping.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Conforms to Health and Safety requirements and company policy.
- Adheres to machine safety guidelines.
- Wears safety apparel, such as safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, and back braces, where required.
- Wears hearing protection, where required.
- Uses proper lifting techniques to lift up to 35 lbs., anything over 35 pounds with apparatus assistance.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Co-Workers, carriers, external customers, Human Resources.
Ability to perform very repetitive movements frequently using the following; telephone, computer,
typewriter, adding machine, copier, fax machine, scale, tape measure, and stapler. Must be able to sit for long periods and be able to move throughout entire facility.
Ability to communicate verbally in English is essential. Flexible to accept changes in work assignments to
meet the customer requirements. Regularity of attendance is essential to ensure a high-quality product is
shipped according to customer needs. Highly repetitive movement of hands and body. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.