- 1) Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- 2) Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- 3) Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
- 4) Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- 5) Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- 6) Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
- 7) Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- 8) Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- 9) Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- 10) Routes items to departments.
- 11) Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- 12) Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- 13) May operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- 14) May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- 15) May perform only shipping or receiving activities and be known as Shipping Clerk or Receiving Clerk.
- 16) May be designated according to specialty as Freight Clerk; Reshipping Clerk.
- 17) May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment and be designated Returned-Goods Receiving Clerk.
- 18) May receive unsold products returned by DRIVER, SALES ROUTE and be designated Route Returner.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.