$20 - $27 per hour
10 months ago
Temp to Perm
Setup Mechanics Needed in Shelton,CT
DIRECT HIRE POSITIONS
The Setup Mechanic sets up, troubleshoots, and performs preventative maintenance on contact heat and preheat thermoforming machines and support equipment, including, but not limited to case tapes, Big Joe Lifts, and Yushin stackers. The Setup Mechanic may be required to operate machinery when needed.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
· Installs tooling and performs set-ups, as well as corrective and preventative maintenance on thermoforming machines and auxiliary equipment, such as grinders, vacuum pumps, motors, gear boxes, and hoists.
· Conducts mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting.
· Performs root cause analysis to identify causes of defects and troubleshoots problems.
· Identifies, retrieves, and replaces machine components from the stockroom; creates and fulfills orders via a cloud-based parts management system.
· Escalates issues to a set up technician (recognizing source and scope of problems and communication).
Skills and Competencies:
· Communication: Ability to read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Logical reasoning: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram forms. Ability to troubleshoot problems.
· Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate decimals and fractions. Ability to understand and use the metric system.
· Technical: Ability to use calipers, tape measure, protractors, pressure gauges, temperature thermocouples.
· Technological: Ability to use cloud-based parts management system (Nexgen) to create and execute work orders.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED). Vocational technical community college, or formal military mechanical and/or technical training a plus. Previous mechanical or electrical experience preferred. Thermoforming, extrusion machinery, or packaging equipment highly desired.
· May be required to stand for long periods of time.
· May involve some repetitive motions.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
· Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold.